Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (*** 1/4) In Theatres



I really enjoyed this dark chapter in Harry life. The style felt fresh along with the music and characters but not enough to make it feel too different. The cast is huge in this film, and they all get some decent screen time. Gary Oldman is the man, and one of my favorite actors so that is added plus. There is plenty of really fun moments and cool montages throughout the film. I especially like the one with Azkaban prison. The dark feel of the first 30 mins was really creepy and nice to see they didn't ruin it with some kiddy lines and slap stick. There was only one bad line in the film. The line that was "you gotta hand it to Dumbeldore he goes out in style" was pretty poor. I Also enjoyed, Harry teaching defense sequences. The battle at the end was I can't wait to watch in IMAX 3D. I love the sugar coated ending, when we the audience's know there is more battles to be fought. Overall this is my second favorite Potter. Number three is my favorite. This is easily one of the best movies of the summer. I can't wait until next fall when Half Blood Prince comes out and not upset that David Yates is directing it. What did you think?

No comments: