Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Simpsons Movie (*** 1/2) In Theatres



What can i say about a show that I've seen all 400 episodes at least twice and now a movie finally appears this year. The movie was meant for the fans that ditched the show years ago(those fucking idiots the show has never been better in my option). The movie, went back to the roots of the early Simpson days. Like season 2-6. I'm glad they writers did this. They made a movie that can stand the test of time, and not feel old after a decade or two. The
South Park movie may be funnier, but this film had heart and a sense of a familiarity that I love in the show. My only compliant is I wish there were more pop culture type references and it be longer . But I'm somewhat glad they steered away from them. (I don't want Family Guy approach) I really think this movie is perfect and was really happy after watching it that it did not disappoint. This will end up being my favorite film of the year, I believe.
Can you imagine the numbers that this movie will make this weekend, and all of the fans that ditched the show over the years come crawling back to it next season! This show may last another 10 years if they do. This is what i wish for. 400 is a lot of time spend with the Simpsons, but my hope it still stays sharp for many years to come and reach 500 or even 730 episodes so we can have at least two years worth or Simpsons to watch. So go see it Many Many Many times. Bart's Penis.... The theory still stands!

No comments: