Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rescue Dawn (*** 1/2) In Theatres



Werner Herzog's Remake of his own Documentary Little Dieter Needs to Fly.
Christian Bale(who is one of my favorite actors) was really effective in the role, but i enjoyed Jeremy Davis performance the most. The film has many great moments, i liked the dog, but if your looking for the better of the two films the doc blows it away. The last ten mins of the movie i hated, and the fact that the real life Dieter has a German accent and Bale didn't was a little disappointing.. I watched almost all of Herzog movies all 55 of them last year and this one is nowhere near his greatest work(some of my personal favorite Aguiree the Wrath of God, My Best Fiend, and Strosek), but it still brilliant and I'm glad he did the feature film and didn't get killed by another director. Go see this movie. Let me know what you think. And if you have seen
Andersonville my favorite war Prison movie let me know what you think of that also.

No comments: