Wednesday, October 24, 2007

American Gangster (***) DVD



Ridley Scott is an interesting director and this is an interesting movie. It is such a mixture of many gangster films. Ridley has done so many different genres and this really does not feel like he made this. Which i think is a good thing. I wish this three hour movie was longer and you will probably feel the same way after viewing this. I do not want to comment on specifics of this film. I will say that is really is not the first picture of the year according to neither early reviews nor the black Scarface. It is more like a mixture of Zodiac and Serpico. Denzel is really pretty good in this film, but nothing extraordinary. I love the scene with the sugar. Crowe is also pretty good as well. I'm sure this movie is better than We own the Night and in some ways i liked it more than the Departed. When you guys see it let me know what yo

No comments: